using external datatypes in OWL2-DL

From: <mariokofler@gmx.at>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:52:31 +0200
To: public-owl-dev@w3.org
dear group,

i would like to use externally defined enumeration datatypes in my ontology but i do not know how to make it.

i have some datatypes defined in an XSD schema file on the web, and want to use them in my ontology.

for example i have the following type in my XSD file:

	<xsd:simpleType name="areaUnitEnum">
		<xsd:restriction base="xsd:NMTOKEN">
			<xsd:enumeration value="SquareKilometers"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="SquareMeters"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="SquareCentimeters"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="SquareMillimeters"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="SquareMiles"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="SquareYards"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="SquareFeet"/>
			<xsd:enumeration value="SquareInches"/>
		</xsd:restriction>
	</xsd:simpleType>

is it possible to use and refer to this datatype from my ontology, or somehow integrate it and still keep it with DL restrictions? because anytime i want to integrate it i get error messages like "untyped datatype" or similar.

i hope someone can help me,

best regards

mario
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atbrowser