Re: How do I represent this relation in OWL?

From: Tim Finin <finin@cs.umbc.edu>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:54:08 -0500
To: Chowdary DVRM <dvrmchowdhary@gmail.com>
CC: public-owl-dev@w3.org
Chowdary DVRM wrote:
> I have the concepts 'Role' and 'File' connected by the object property
> 'hasPersmission'. ie. A Role hasPermission to a File. I would like the
> 'hasPermission' property to also contain the type of permission like
> read,write etc. ...

If you are trying to model an RBAC like access control system in
OWL, there are a number of approaches.  See [1] for an example and
[2] fo a sample of many more.

Tim

[1] http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/paper/html/id/387/ROWLBAC-Representing-Role-Based-Access-Control-in-OWL
[2] http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&num=50&q=owl+rbac+access+control&btnG=Search&as_subj=eng&as_sdt=2001&as_ylo=2001&as_yhi=2009&as_vis=0