Re: [OWLAPI-developer] OWL RDF/XML newbie questions (a littleofftopic)

Hi Søren,

(these questions are better forwarded to the public-owl-dev mailing list at W3C, cc-ed)

In OWL 2, class deprecation has a different status than in OWL 1. Rather than having different types of classes (which is a bit odd, semantically) OWL 2 interprets deprecation as an annotation. The direct semantics of OWL 2 has been defined on the Functional Syntax (which you quote), which indicates deprecation as annotation. However, to maintain compatibility with OWL 1 systems, the translation from Functional Syntax to RDF/XML (and Turtle) turns these 'deprecation' annotations back into owl:DeprecatedClass.

Cheers,

Rinke