Re: Modeling a specific construct - please help

From: Uli Sattler <sattler@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:55:28 +0100
Cc: public-owl-dev@w3.org
To: Milan Zdravkovic <milan.zdravkovic@gmail.com>
this is a difficult one:

- I assume that Ab, B, and C are individuals, and that 'preceeds' is
'directly preceeds' (otherwise, you should *not* conclude that A is
ConcurrentWith C.

- you can introduce a transitive superproperty 'preceeds-trans' of
preceeds and find all instances of the class (e.g., via OWL API and
reasoner or via the DL query tab in Protege 4):

(preceeds-trans value C) or (Inv(preceeds-trans) value C)

if A is *not* in the answer to this query, then you can assume that it
is ConcurrentWith C.

Cheers, Uli