Re: Help Required

On Jul 29, 2009, at 3:49 AM, Muhammad Javed wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask that
>
> 1_ How one can define Axioms.....

An axiom is a sentence which is asserted or claimed to be true, often
by publishing it on the Web as part of an ontology.

> Is it a part of Ontology ?

Yes.

> OR
>
> Different Property Characteristics combine together and present an
> axiom.

Yes, more or less, since that is how sentences are typically
constructed.

> 1_ How one can define Ontology.
>
> Is it a tuple of C, P and I

What do you mean by C P and I ?

> OR
>
> It consist of C, P ,I Restrictions and Axioms...

It consists of axioms, though that is not always the most helpful way
to describe an ontology. A better definition os the original one by
Tom Gruber: an ontology is a formalization of a conceptualization of
some topic.

Pat Hayes