ANN: TopBraid Composer Free Edition

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:27:05 -0700
To: public-owl-dev@w3.org
TopQuadrant's TopBraid Composer is one of the leading professional
development environments for Semantic Web models and applications.
Three years after the 1.0 release, we have now decided to offer a Free
Edition [1] that will hopefully make it easier for people to
experience the benefits of Semantic Web technology. The Free Edition
is an Eclipse-based editing and querying tool for RDF and OWL files.
In addition to form-based editing of classes, properties and
individuals, the Free Edition also has comprehensive SPARQL support,
including the SPARQL Inferencing Notation (SPIN) [2]. SPIN can be used
to define highly expressive business rules and constraints on domain
models, entirely based on SPARQL.

The Free Edition has only a small subset of the features of the
(commercially available) Standard and Maestro Editions of Composer,
but we believe it will be a good option for newcomers.

For more information, please check out the download page and press
release [3]. For general TopBraid Composer screenshots and other
information, please visit [4]

Regards
Holger

[1] http://www.topquadrant.com/products/TB_free_download.html