RE: Mapping to RDF Graphs and reification

Pierre-Antoine Champin wrote:

>Pat Hayes a écrit :
>> Well, someone could argue that since the negation construction
>involves
>> meta-description, iterating it gives you a kind of truth predicate, in
>> sense. Kinda. But Tarski's paradox doesn't arise for other reasons,
>> having to do with how impoverished RDF is as an expressive logic.
>
>Wouldn't
>
> _:x rdf:type owl:NegativePropertyAssertion
> _:x owl:sourceIndividual _:x
> _:x owl:assertionProperty owl:sourceIndividual
> _:x owl:targetIndividual _:x
>
>a perfect example of that paradox (in OWL Full, of course) ?

This is simply a OWL 2 Full-inconsistent ontology.

>From interpreting the second triple, we get

  <I(_:x),I(_:x)> in IEXT(I(owl:sourceIndividual))

And from interpreting the whole graph by applying the OWL 2 Full semantic
conditions for negative property assertion, we get

  NOT [ <I(_:x),I(_:x)> in IEXT(I(owl:sourceIndividual)) ]

This is obviously a contradiction. But there is no paradox.

Michael

--
Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe