Modularity Tutorial at ISWC

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 19:49:34 +0100
To: Owl Dev <public-owl-dev@w3.org>

Have you heard about all the cool, nifty, amazing work on "modularity
and OWL" that's been floating around the past few years, but you've
relegated it to the "scary papers I don't want to read" pile?

Do you deal with large, complex ontologies, or, at least, really want
to? Do you collaborate?

Do you often think, "My goodness....if I could only see the large
scale structure of this ontology, I would be able to make a million
bucks!!!"?!?

No? This tutorial is still good for you!

The University of Manchester is proud to announce a scintillating
half-day tutorial at ISWC 2008 on modularity in OWL:

	http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/2008/iswc-modtut/

This tutorial is *practically* oriented, i.e., "What can modularity
techniques do for you if you don't want to write a paper for the
Journal of Scary Papers but need to work an ontology!" We've
developed really slick and easy tools for using module extraction
techniques in Protege4 and we are *down* with the clear, user-
oriented explanations of how and when to use them!

So please sign up! It doesn't get much better than this (well, at
least, in the area of OWL-oriented tutorials; in the realm of
chocolate, it comes up a tad short).

Cheers,
Bijan "Will adjust his caffeine levels before the tutorial" Parsia.