Re: Inferencing more specific roles

Funnily enough it seems that the other way (not kids, but parents) it is
 indeed possible.

Given the TBox:
DisjointUnion( Person Male Female )
PropertyRange( mother Female )
PropertyRange( father Male )
SubPropertyOf( mother parent )
SubPropertyOf( father parent )
DisjointProperties( mother father )
SubClassOf( Person ExactCardinality( 2 parent ))
SubClassOf( Person ExactCardinality( 1 mother ))
SubClassOf( Person ExactCardinality( 1 father ))

>From the ABox:
PropertyAssertion( parent Betty Adam )
ClassAssertion( Male Adam )

Now the following does follow:
PropertyAssertion( father Betty Adam )

Using the OWL2 Syntax from here:
<http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Semantics>

This is due to the interplay of cardinalities and ranges.
Or am I wrong?

denny

(thanks to Sebastian Rudolph who checked the claim briefly, since my DL
is not so great)