Re: OWLED Task Forces presentations at the next OWLED

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:57:22 -0500
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Cc: jpan@csd.abdn.ac.uk, public-owl-dev@w3.org, gstam@softlab.ntua.gr

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 09:45 -0500, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> That's not a fatal problem. Will there be someone else at the meeting
> who can talk about the proposal?

Peter,

I can't speak to the question above, but we [1] intend to submit an
OWLED proposal that fits, roughly, into the uncertainty task force's
area of concern.

The proposal will describe Pronto, our Pellet extension that implements
a reasoner for P-SHOIQ(D), a probabilistic DL, with which we can do
reasoning about uncertainty.

I suspect some of what we've learned will at some point become input to
the uncertainty task force anyway.

Cheers,
Kendall Clark

1 http://clarkparsia.com/