Re: Xtreme Punning

Denny Vrandečić wrote:

> I think this kind of punning comes very natural.
>
> Snoopy a Dog.
> Dog a Species.
> Charlie_Brown Dog Snoopy.
>
> All of them feel right, and are also allowed in both RDF and OWL with
> punning.
>
> Father rdfs:range Father.
> Anakin a Father.
> Luke Father Anakin.
>
> This is a natural pattern to describe most of the so called dependant
> properties in OntoClean, as well, but that's a sidenote.
>
> Or, to put it shortly, I really like punning :) It will also make our
> work on wikis so much easier! (and I could write an essay on how)

It seems to me that names are cheap, and that using the same name for
both a property and a class is simply a bit sloppy. Using a slightly
different name is usually clearer, and with some naming conventions can
work quite well.

However, classes-as-intances does seem natural in your example (and
didn't in mine, I wonder why).

I would write your examples as:

Snoopy a Dog.
Dog a Species.