Re: ongoing changes to the OWL 2 RDF vocabulary [WAS: [Announcement] OWL API 2.2.0 Available]

On 18 Apr 2008, at 22:45, Michael Schneider wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> Sandro Hawke wrote:
>
>> Just to be clear: OWL 2 is a work-in-progress and will keep
>> changing for
>> some months to come.  People not following closely might not notice
>> that.  In a few months it should settle down, go through a few more
>> review rounds, and finally be done.
>
> To inform everyone (esp. tool builders) that Sandro's warning has
> to be
> taken seriously:
[snip]

I hope no one is surprised by these facts. Until OWL2 becomes a
recommendation (that is, hits the final stage of the W3C process),
everything is subject to change. Working drafts are just that.

This is totally normal at the W3C (or, likely, in any standards
group). Implementors who track the drafts provide all sorts of
valuable feedback (and we much appreciate it)! The burden is having
to change their implementation as we change the design.

Cheers,
Bijan.