Re: OWL 1.1... does this make sense

Hi James,

On Friday 30 November 2007, james.lapalme@videotron.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using an implementation of OWL 1.1 in TopBraid Composer.
> Does the folowwing make sense :

I'm not sure what you mean by making sense. Are you asking if these statements
are logically consistent, or are you asking a deeper question?

> I have defined the following classes :
>
> Class A
> Class B
> Class C
> Class D
>
> I have defined the following roles (properties) :
>
> role1
> role2
>
> This the following make sense :
>
> Class is defined by
>
> role1 exacly 1 Class B
> role2 exactly 1 Class C
> role2 exactly 1 Class D

So, this should mean that every instance of your class has:

any number of role1 associations
any number of role2 associations
exactly one of the role1 associations is to an instance of class B
exactly one of the role2 associations is to an instance of class C
exactly one of the role3 associations is to an instance of class D

Is that what you intended?

> Thank you,
>
> James

Matthew