cannonical ordering in the XML

From: Matthew Pocock <matthew.pocock@ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:57:39 +0100
To: "Owl Dev" <public-owl-dev@w3.org>

Hi,

The spec for owl 1.1 defines equality over expressions. However, I can't see
where it defines ordering over expressions. The haskell code I've got does
provide a total ordering over all bits of the owl 1.1 syntax, meaning that I
always process/serialize statements in a consistent order. This is
particularly important in the xml serialization, particularly if we wish to
be able to do diffs.

Have I missed the bit that talks about cannonical orderings? Is there an
expected (although not required) order in which we should serialize elements
to xml?

Thanks,

Matthew