Re: declaredAs

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 01:23:51 +0100
Cc: "Turner, David" <davidt@hp.com>, <public-owl-dev@w3.org>
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>

On Aug 15, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Bijan Parsia wrote:

[snip]
> In current OWL 1.1, those ontologies are syntactically legal and
> meaningful and their semantics (as far as I can reasonably tell)
> coincides with the OWL Full meaning.

[Ooops. I was imprecise. It coincides where there is no sameAs
between classes or properties, and is a subset when there is.]

> Those semantics were also implemented prior to the OWL 1.1 language
> design (i.e., in Pellet). No surprises have been reported to me in
> the, oh, probably 3 years, that Pellet has had that behavior. Hilog
> semantics have never been a feature request either. From anyone. No
> one's ever mentioned them at an OWLED.
[snip]

[No user. I think I mentioned them at the first OWLED when I was
trying to elicit user desires about metamodelling.]

Motto of the message: "The pendant of pedantry swings both ways"