Re: annotation properties

From: Matthew Horridge <matthew.horridge@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:28:17 +0100
Cc: "Bijan Parsia" <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, michel_dumontier@carleton.ca, "Owl Dev" <public-owl-dev@w3.org>, "Boris Motik" <bmotik@cs.man.ac.uk>, "Bernardo Cuenca Grau" <bcg@cs.man.ac.uk>
To: Matthew Pocock <matthew.pocock@ncl.ac.uk>

> I think I'd prefer things to be as uniform as possible. Right now, all
> axioms have annotations nested in them, including entity declarations.

Hopefully, the spec will change this so that we have AxiomAnnotation
axioms (in line with entity annotation axioms - see Sean's post from
10th July).  So, I believe that the best solution would be to
introduce AnnotationPropertyAnnotation axioms (or
AnnotationURIAnnotation axioms), which have a syntax something like
the following....

AnnotationURIAnnotation( AnnotationURI(<URI>) {Annotation})

Where AnnotationURI(<URI>) is analogous to OWLClass(<URI>) or
ObjectProperty(<URI>) etc.

Cheers,

Matthew