Re: annotation properties

From: Matthew Horridge <matthew.horridge@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:22:40 +0100
To: Owl Dev <public-owl-dev@w3.org>

Here's what I think the problem is....

Suppose we have (in an OWL 1.0 ontology)

<owl:AnnotationProperty  rdf:about="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/
contributor">
     <rdfs:label xml:lang="en-US">Contributor</rdfs:label>
     <rdfs:comment xml:lang="en-US">An entity responsible for making
contributions to the
          content of the resource.</rdfs:comment>
     <dc:description xml:lang="en-US">Examples of a Contributor
include a person, an
          organisation, or a service.  Typically, the name of a
          Contributor should be used to indicate the entity.</
dc:description>
     <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"/>
</owl:AnnotationProperty>

This is an annotation property, which has annotations on it.  How do
we transform this to OWL 1.1?  I couldn't see a way to do this last
time I looked at the spec.  I believe that we need something like

'AnnotationPropertyAnnotation(' OWLAnnotationProperty(<URI>)
{Annotation} ')'

i.e. something like entity annotation axioms but for annotation URIs.

Cheers,

Matthew