owl xml serialization

From: Matthew Pocock <matthew.pocock@ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:45:22 +0100
To: public-owl-dev@w3.org

Hi,

I've reached the point where I'm writing the xml serializer/deserializer for
my haskell owl 1.1 library. I've read through the syntax document [1] and
also through the xsd but these alone don't give enough info to be able to
work out exactly what goes where. In particular, I couldn't find examples in
these docs about how to treat data values or annotations.

I'm resorting to generating little bits of OWL 1.1 in protege4 and then making
my code round-trip to this. Not ideal, as I'll end up reproducing any bugs in
the OWL 1.1 library used by protege4.

Is there a normative 'how to roundtrip the uml/functional syntax with xml'
document?

Matthew

1: http://www.w3.org/Submission/owl11-xml_syntax/
2: http://www.w3.org/Submission/owl11-xml_syntax/schema/owl1.1.xsd