Re: DIG2.0 (from Protege OWL list)

From: Ian Horrocks <horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:30:38 +0100
Cc: public-owl-dev@w3.org
To: Rinke Hoekstra <hoekstra@uva.nl>

On 27 Mar 2007, at 10:40, Rinke Hoekstra wrote:

> Dear Aaron,
>
> Your question is probably more at home at the public-owl-dev@w3.org
> mailinglist (cc-ed)
>
> -Rinke
>
> Aaron Steele wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>  It seems a few of us, myself included are having problems with
>> datatype properties, and from what I understand they're due to
>> limitations not of protege, or a particular reasoner but of DIG1.1
>> and could be solved by DIG2.0 (from what I've read about it).
>>  Does anybody know the status of DIG2.0, i.e. when it's likely to
>> be released or if pre-release versions are available anywhere?  I
>> tried emailing a developer of it but no reply yet.

I'm not sure about DIG 2.0 (you might check the DIG mailing list at
http://listserv.manchester.ac.uk/cgi-bin/wa?A0=DIG-WG), but I do know
that some of the OWL/OWL 1.1 reasoners now have bundled reasoners
with a bespoke API (perhaps in addition to the DIG option) in order
to overcome some of the problems with DIG - my understanding is that
both Protege 4 (http://protege.stanford.edu/download/prerelease-alpha/
prototype.html) and SWOOP (http://code.google.com/p/swoop/) have
taken this approach.

Ian