Re: Owl 1.1 and queries

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:48:21 -0500
Cc: "'Matt Williams'" <mw@healthgambia.net>, "'Owl Dev'" <public-owl-dev@w3.org>
To: "Birte Glimm" <bglimm@cs.man.ac.uk>

On Mar 7, 2007, at 12:21 PM, Birte Glimm wrote:

> There is no standardised query language for OWL so far.

That's correct. W3C's DAWG, which is doing SPARQL, did not extend it
to OWL in any way, though the design may be extendable (in some
sense) to OWL (in some sense).

We talked a bit about making SPARQL work for OWL-DL at OWLED-06 in
Athens. In response to that conversation, and other pressures, Evren
Sirin and Bijan are submitting a paper to OWLED-07 on SPARQL-DL,
which I'm hoping gets in so the community can continue this
conversation.

Cheers,
Kendall