Practical Conforming Datatype Groups

From: Turner, David <davidt@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:37:30 -0000
To: <public-owl-dev@w3.org>

Hi all,

Jeremy and I have been thinking about datatype groups in OWL/1.1 and
have
posted a preprint of a paper on the subject to www-archive.

Abstract. Datatype groups are an extension to certain Description Logics
(DLs) that permit the user to reason about n-tuples of data, where
n >= 1, and thus to express complex constraints on multiple properties
of objects. A conforming datatype group has the appropriate
computational
properties to preserve the soundness, completeness, and compactness of
the reasoning procedure of the underlying DL. We consider examples of
datatype groups that appear useful in practice, and illustrate the care
that must be taken to ensure that datatype groups are both conforming
and practical.

Full paper at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007Mar/0002.html

Cheers,

Dave

--
Dave Turner  Cube T400, HP Labs Bristol, Filton Road, Bristol BS34 8QZ
davidt@hp.com          +44 117 3129104 (Work) +44 7962 811627 (Mobile)