Re: AllDisjoint in RDF mapping

From: Michael Schneider <m_schnei@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:58:12 +0100
To: holger@topquadrant.com
CC: public-owl-dev@w3.org

Holger Knublauch wrote on Mon, 26 Feb 2007:

> The goal should be to have some mechanism that allows users to
> enter and display a disjoint union, e.g. in
>    A = B xor C xor D
> assuming xor represents disjoint union.

Hi, Holger!

Just a side note (a little offtopic): I believe that the above is not
the best way to describe a disjoint union. I would read the expression
"B xor C xor D" to only mean

   "B disjointWith C" and "C disjointWith D",

but I do not see from it what's the relationship between B and D. For
instance, "B equivalentClass D" would be consistent with the above
conjunction, so "B disjointWith D" cannot be inferred from it. Better
would be perhaps something like "xor(B,C,D)".