RE: n-ary datatypes

Hi,

I think it would be if R were a valid datatype, but (pickily) as I
understand it there's no type of reals, only decimals and IEEE
floating-point numbers.

Oh yes, I hadn't spotted that. Thanks.

> I would define this like:
>
> DataAllValuesFrom( dimension:width dimension:height swrlb:greaterThan
)

I see, thanks. Is there an implementation that understands this? How
about a slightly more complicated example like that of the kmtrsPerMile
predicate from [2]. Perhaps

SubClassOf(
    ObjectUnionOf(
        DataSomeValuesFrom(river:length-mile unit:lengthInMile)
        DataSomeValuesFrom(river:length-km unit:lengthInKMtr)
    )

    ObjectIntersectionOf(
        DataSomeValuesFrom(river:length-mile unit:lengthInMile)
        DataSomeValuesFrom(river:length-km unit:lengthInKMtr)
        DataHasValue(unit:KMtrsPerMile 1.6)
        DataAllValuesFrom(
            unit:lengthInKMtrs
            unit:lengthInMile
            unit:KMtrsPerMile
            swrlb:multiply
        )
    )
)

By which I intend to say that if an object has a length-mile (resp
length-km) property then it has a length-km (resp length-mile) property
and is such that lengthInKMtrs = lengthInMile * 1.6. Does that work?

Cheers,

Dave

[1] http://owl1_1.cs.manchester.ac.uk/owl_specification.html

[2] Web Ontology Reasoning with Datatype Groups, Pan & Horrocks
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/Publications/download/2003/PaHo03a.pdf