Re: Annotation entailment?

Well, there are circumstances in which it might make sense, and there
are circumstances in which it might not.

In practice, as far as I can tell, the idea that annotations are
necessarily entailed would require use of a reasoner to find the label
of a individual -- well this seems impractical. More over, I'm not
convinced that open world semantics are particularly sensible for
annotation properties.

Still I know that there were lots of discussions about annotation
properties and what they should or should not mean for OWL 1.1. I
suspect someone knows what it all means.

Phil

--
Phillip Lord,                           Phone: +44 (0) 191 222 7827
Lecturer in Bioinformatics,             Email: phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk