Web Ontology Working Group

From: Giorgos Stamou <gstam@softlab.ntua.gr>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 16:49:32 +0300
To: <w3c-ac-forum@w3.org>
Cc: <public-owl-dev@w3.org>, <gstam@softlab.ntua.gr>
Dear all

This is to confirm that IVML-NTUA will support the new Web Ontology Working
Group, participating with one or two members (depending on the final charter
and the policy for the specific WG participation). We believe that the work
on this WG will be really important and valuable for our organization.

Concerning the tractable fragments of OWL and considering the existing and
near future theoretical work and implementations in the area ,we believe
that it is feasible to consider this issue within the WebOnt WG. Tractable
fragments of OWL are really useful in web applications and thus they will
increase the pragmatic applicability of Semantic Web technologies.

Giorgos Stamou

AC Representative of IVML-NTUA