OWL 1.1 functional syntax quoting inside strings

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 03:02:16 -0400
Cc: Matthew Horridge <matthew.horridge@cs.man.ac.uk>
To: public-owl-dev@w3.org

string := '"' a Unicode string in normal form C '"'

How does one include a '"' inside a string? Are there any other
characters that need special quoting, for example carriage returns?

Suppose, for example, I wish to include some xhtml as an XMLLiteral
for a datatype property - are we sure this will work?

In the current OWLAPI abstract syntax parser, this is hopelessly
broken...

Also, can we amend the spec to use curies[1] instead of qnames in the
functional syntax, or simply some sensible abbreviation mechanism?

-Alan

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/curie/