Re: OWL 1.1 specifications moved

On Friday 06 April 2007 20:20, Bijan Parsia wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Until now, we were a little ad hoc in our management of the specs.
> Now that the submission is accepted, we took some time to set up a
> rather more robust system. The published, canonical, post-submission
> versions are now at:
> 	<http://webont.org/owl/1.1/>

Hi Bijan,

This is all very good, but would it be possible to keep some content at (each
of) the old URLs as well? The reason is that the old URLs are used in
existing publications, e.g. to refer to tractable fragments of OWL1.1 via
http://owl1_1.cs.manchester.ac.uk/tractable.html (now showing a 403). A
simple redirect notice would be fine, though one might also keep the whole
old documents with a big disclaimer.

Another set of documents (and incoming hrefs) that is still on the web are the
OWLED copies of the OWL1.1 draft, such as
http://owl-workshop.man.ac.uk/Tractable.html, which in turn declares itself
as being the (now perished) http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~bcg/tractable.html
without hinting at the new location.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch
Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe, D-76128 Karlsruhe