Re: Axiom annotations

From: Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 11:51:33 -0500
To: "Bijan Parsia" <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Cc: public-owl-dev@w3.org
Hi Bijan,

On 4/18/07, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:

> > Just a few days ago, we had an analog discussion for rdf:List and
> > friends here in the "Restrictions on Bags and Seqs content" thread,
> > remember?
>
> I've not finished my message for that, but short answer from me is
> that I think, even for RDF, Bags and Seqs are known to be broken, and
> rdf:List is not a good idea. Historically, I believe rdf:List was
> introduced in order to encode DAML+OIL syntax in the first place.

I have my own ideas about problems with Containers, but do you have some
references for what you mean by "known" to be broken please?  Similarly, why
is rdf:List not a good idea?

Of course, the question then becomes, what do you think *should* be used?  I
have a couple of practical approaches for specific circumstances, but the
semantics are lacking.

Regards,
Paul Gearon