Re: Axiom annotations

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:50:44 +0100
To: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
CC: Michael Schneider <m_schnei@gmx.de>, public-owl-dev@w3.org

Bijan Parsia wrote:
> (I'm
> not aware, for example, of any toolkit which maps reified triples into
> compact form the way e.g, CWM does with the list vocabulary).

Jena does.

I think the reason reification didn't get thrown out in RDF 2004 was that:
a) Jena supported it
b) enough Jena users found it useful

The HP rep was not a fan of reification, but given b) was obliged to
represent that point of view; the other voices against reification were
not prepared to argue against an installed user base.

If we wish to drop reification, we need to have a replacement, and a
migration strategy. We didn't have those in 2003/2004, and we still don't.

Jeremy

--
Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England