Re: User-defined Datatypes: owl:DataRange vs rdfs:Datatype

From: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:47:19 -0500
Cc: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>, public-owl-dev@w3.org
To: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
No, I've got it wrong. My mistake is that the fact that the names are
disjoint sets doesn't mean what I suggest. Specifically "Only classes
have instances" appears wrong since the set EC which I understand to
be "instances" is the union of individuals and data values.

I think the correct answer will be found here: http://www.w3.org/TR/
owl-semantics/rdfs.html#5.4

I'll try again later.

Thanks,