RE: OWL "Sydney Syntax", structured english

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:29:12 -0600
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: John McClure <jmcclure@hypergrove.com>, Kaarel Kaljurand <kaljurand@gmail.com>, Anne Cregan <annec@cse.unsw.edu.au>, public-owl-dev@w3.org

>  2) uuids and random numbers don't go so well with the "view source"
>    effect in the web. syntax matters, especially to early adopters.
>    For these purposes, I find role nouns to be very convenient.

No argument there, and I also think they are often the neatest way to
go. I just don't want to standardize it :-)

>>  BTW, the way we render OWL in COE is pretty simple.
>
>COE? Sorry, what's that? Looks interesting.

Sorry, our Concept-map OWL editor/viewer. http://cmap.ihmc.us/coe/,
but the version on there is now old. We will have a much better build
in about a week, with documentation about a week after that. But the
English conventions are pretty much the same. Overview slides at
http://cmap.ihmc.us/coe/test/Overview.pdf

Pat
IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell