RE: OWL "Sydney Syntax", structured english

From: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:29:12 -0600
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: John McClure <jmcclure@hypergrove.com>, Kaarel Kaljurand <kaljurand@gmail.com>, Anne Cregan <annec@cse.unsw.edu.au>, public-owl-dev@w3.org

>  2) uuids and random numbers don't go so well with the "view source"
>    effect in the web. syntax matters, especially to early adopters.
>    For these purposes, I find role nouns to be very convenient.

No argument there, and I also think they are often the neatest way to
go. I just don't want to standardize it :-)

>>  BTW, the way we render OWL in COE is pretty simple.
>COE? Sorry, what's that? Looks interesting.

Sorry, our Concept-map OWL editor/viewer. http://cmap.ihmc.us/coe/,
but the version on there is now old. We will have a much better build
in about a week, with documentation about a week after that. But the
English conventions are pretty much the same. Overview slides at

IHMC		(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32502			(850)291 0667    cell