Re: OWL "Sydney Syntax", structured english

On Nov 28, 2006, at 2:47 PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> I agree that rendering to a constrained dialect of English is an
> interesting user-interface technique;

For my money, using quasi-natural language as UI is orthogonal to a
more human-friendly syntax for writing OWL (and for some display
contexts). What I'd like to see a new OWL WG standardize is something
that plays a role analogous to the role N3 (well, Turtle, really)
plays for RDF. Something like Manchester OWL Syntax is more like an
"N3 for OWL" than one of these quasi-natural language things.

The market needs both, but I'd prefer the WG standardize the concise,
scribblable sufarce syntax than the quasi-natural language
presentation syntax, if it couldn't do both. I think the quasi-
natural thing is *much* harder and should be outside the scope of OWL
1.next.

Cheers,
Kendall