Re: perspectives on OWL v.next and RDF

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:49:39 -0500
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Cc: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "Bijan Parsia" <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>, public-owl-dev@w3.org

Danny Ayers wrote:
>I personally have doubts about the wisdom of making a significant
>increment to OWL at this point in time because of potential impact on
>the adoption of RDF and OWL, but am happy to defer to Kendall, Bijan
>and co. on the point that there is real demand for certain features.

I think he said that much better than I did!   I think simplification
is needed before pushing new functionality - I've said that many
times, but then I spent two years saying it to the WG and failed
there as well :-)   Seriously, I have no object to new design work
going on, but I think I'd be happier if  Googling "-xxxxxxx
filetype:owl" returned more hits before we began extending...
  -JH

--
Prof James Hendler				hendler@cs.umd.edu
Dept of Computer Science			http://www.cs.umd.edu/~hendler