Open-world assumption

From: Luke Steller <Luke.Steller@infotech.monash.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:56:13 +1000
To: public-owl-dev@w3.org

Hello All,

I was wondering if there is a way of explicitly saying that a set of
object instances, given for a particular object-property, are only
properties that can exist for this instance.

For instance, if I have a class instance: myColours, with a property
hasColour, containing 3 instances: {Red, Blue, Green} - is there a way
of saying that for myColours, cardinality for hasColour is 3, where
the instances Red, Blue, Green are all different? I am not looking to
specify cardinality at a class level, rather I want to specify it at
the instance level - in a sence changing from an open world assumption
which assumes there are at least 3 colours for this property, to a
closed world assumption by explicitly stating that there are 3 and
only 3 for this property of this instance on the class (other
instances might have a different cardinality)

Is it possible?

Thanks

Luke Steller
PhD Candidate