Re: Equivalent Classes in OWL

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:12:32 +0100
Cc: public-owl-dev@w3.org
To: "Luke Steller" <Luke.Steller@infotech.monash.edu.au>

On Jul 27, 2006, at 1:47 PM, Luke Steller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Given the following ontology - when i ask a reasoner (pellet) for
> equivalent classes of #GraphicSupport, it gives me:
>
> #GraphicSupport, #TradingStatus, #Thing
>
> Why is this so?

Looking at it a bit more (silly me :)), you make TradingStatus
*equivalent to* Open or Close, and Close is *equivalent to* the
negation of Open.

Thus, TradingStatus is equal to P or ~ P, i.e., to Thing. (I suspect
you want open and close to be *disjoint*)

And you do the same thing, basically, with Colour and BlackAndWhite.