Re: OWL 2.0 ...

From: Hans Teijgeler <hans.teijgeler@quicknet.nl>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:43:41 +0200
To: <public-owl-dev@w3.org>
Cc: "Matthew West" <matthew.west@shell.com>, "Valen-Sendstad, Magne" <magne.valen-sendstad@dnv.com>, "'Onno'" <onno.paap@fluor.com>, "Leal, David" <david@cedarlon.demon.co.uk>
Jim,

After consultation with my companion Matthew West I withdraw my request for
a spatio-temporal entity in OWL 2, because it could make OWL unsuitable for
non-4D ontologies.

Our preliminary conclusion is that either we have to make a serious
compromise in what could be said - and how, or we have to use OWL as
something to build a more suitable language in. ISO 15926-7 may serve as
that language, once it has been converted to OWL.

Regards,
Hans
Hans Teijgeler
co-author of ISO 15926-2 <http://www.infowebml.ws/ECM4.5/ECM4.5.html>