Re: owl2 primer turtle examples bugs

From: Sebastian Rudolph <rudolph@kit.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 12:07:18 +0100
Cc: public-owl-comments@w3.org
To: Jiří Procházka <ojirio@gmail.com>
Dear Jiří,

Thanks for reporting these bugs. The bugs have now been fixed in [1]; the diff is [2].

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Primer
[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Primer&diff=26390&oldid=26389

Please let me know if this does not address your concerns.

Regards,
Sebastian Rudolph
on behalf of the W3C OWL Working Group

> Hi,
> just informing about mistakes in turtle examples in section about
> property restrictions.
>
>  []  rdf:type             owl:Class ;
>      :HappyPerson ;
>      owl:equivalentClass  [
>        rdf:type           owl:Restriction ;
>        owl:onProperty     :hasChild ;
>        owl:allValuesFrom  :Happy
>      ] .
>
> should be:
>
>  :HappyPerson  rdf:type             owl:Class ;
>      owl:equivalentClass  [
>        rdf:type           owl:Restriction ;
>        owl:onProperty     :hasChild ;
>        owl:allValuesFrom  :Happy
>      ] .
>
> and
>
>  []  rdf:type             owl:Class ;
>      :HappyPerson ;
>      owl:equivalentClass  [
>        rdf:type            owl:Class ;
>        owl:intersectionOf  ( [ rdf:type            owl:Restriction ;
>                                owl:onProperty      :hasChild ;
>                                owl:allValuesFrom   :Happy            ]
>                              [ rdf:type            owl:Restriction ;
>                                owl:onProperty      :hasChild ;
>                                owl:someValuesFrom  :Happy            ]
>                            )
>      ] .
>
> should be:
>
>  :HappyPerson  rdf:type             owl:Class ;
>      owl:equivalentClass  [
>        rdf:type            owl:Class ;
>        owl:intersectionOf  ( [ rdf:type            owl:Restriction ;
>                                owl:onProperty      :hasChild ;
>                                owl:allValuesFrom   :Happy            ]
>                              [ rdf:type            owl:Restriction ;
>                                owl:onProperty      :hasChild ;
>                                owl:someValuesFrom  :Happy            ]
>                            )
>      ] .
>
> I hope I'm right and this is useful to you.
>
> Best,
> Jiri

PD Dr. Sebastian Rudolph
senior researcher & project leader at AIFB
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
rudolph@kit.edu                    phone +49 721 608 - 47362
www.sebastian-rudolph.de        fax +49 721 608 - 45998