Re: Typo in the Turtle Syntax to demonstrate "Complement of a class" the Primer

From: Sebastian Rudolph <rudolph@kit.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 16:35:42 +0100
Cc: public-owl-comments@w3.org
To: k.sapkota@brookes.ac.uk
Dear Krishna,

Thanks for reporting these bugs. The bugs have now been fixed in [1]; the diff is [2].

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Primer
[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/index.php?title=Primer&diff=26390&oldid=26389

Please let me know if this does not address your concerns.

Regards,
Sebastian Rudolph
on behalf of the W3C OWL Working Group

> Hi,
>
> I have just noticed that the Turtle syntax demonstrating "complement of a
> class" in the Primer is missing a line
> "rdf:type owl:Class;"  just before  "owl:complementOf :Parent."
>
> *The original syntax:*
>
> :ChildlessPerson  owl:equivalentClass  [
>    rdf:type            owl:Class ;
>    owl:intersectionOf  ( :Person  [ owl:complementOf  :Parent ] )
>  ] .
>

> *The recommended syntax:*
> *
> *
> :ChildlessPerson  owl:equivalentClass  [
>    rdf:type            owl:Class ;
>    owl:intersectionOf  ( :Person
>                          [ rdf:type          owl:Class ;
>                            owl:complementOf  :Parent     ]
>                        )
>  ] .
>

> *Krishna Sapkota*
> ------------------------------*
> *
> **
> *Thesis Title: Semantic Framework for Regulatory Compliance Support*
> PhD Student[09115130]
> Email:
> k.sapkota@brookes.ac.uk
>
> School of Technology, Wheatley Campus
> Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, OX33 1HX

PD Dr. Sebastian Rudolph
senior researcher & project leader at AIFB
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
rudolph@kit.edu                    phone +49 721 608 - 47362
www.sebastian-rudolph.de        fax +49 721 608 - 45998