Re: OWL 2

I understand Ian -- you have your hands full.

We are working on a new paper that will provide examples of about a dozen
pragmatic uses of the technology at the intersection of  the semantic
Internet (we include communications / mobile) and the enterprise, pieces of
which have been well received by very large org CIOs -- may help in funding,
although by necessity we must restrict some information.

This paper has been very popular with large organizations in particular -
Unleash the innovation within (very little sales promotion)

http://www.kyield.com/images/Unleash_the_Innovation_Within_-_A_Kyield_White_Paper.pdf

And more recently this brief on understanding the semantic enterprise has
taken the lead: (no sales promotion)

http://www.kyield.com/images/Understanding_the_Semantic_Enterprise_-_Kyield_White_Paper.pdf

Of course one challenge with adoption of open systems is that one doesn't
necessarily have an incentive to promote use cases that will then be used by
entrenched vendors -- in fact we often experience a disincentive -- many
orgs are just gathering intel for internal projects for example -- expanding
empires rather than spreading economic diversity -- we are seeking go to
market partners for these and other reasons.

These are just a few of the structural issues we have come across FYI that
actually may be useful from a standards design perspective, but overall the
interest in the semantic enterprise has been very surprising during the past
year (finally -- third admin I have promoted advanced knowledge systems in
the U.S. Gov for example, and we still have made very little progress on a
system-wide basis).

We've had quite a bit of success in communicating the potential for crisis
prevention, meritocracy, and reduction of information overload -- well over
ten thousand large orgs now, in some cases hundreds of employees in each.
One would think by now that achieving the state of a learning
organization -- particularly in the U.S. Government given a series of
systemic failures, would be unavoidably obvious, although entrenched
interests fight on as if nothing has occurred.....

Thanks again for the work.

Kind regards,

Mark Montgomery
Founder- Kyield