Re: Errors in the OWL Primer

From: Michael Wessel <wessel@racer-systems.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:35:48 +0100
To: public-owl-comments@w3.org
One more comment: in the OWL RDF, you are using

"owl:onDatatype", e.g. in

<rdf:Description rdf:about="personAge">
     <owl:equivalentClass>
       <rdfs:Datatype>
         <owl:onDatatype rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer"/>
              **********
         <owl:withRestrictions rdf:parseType="Collection">

as well as

"owl:onDataType", e.g., in
           *****

 <owl:Class rdf:about="Teenager">
     <rdfs:subClassOf>
       <owl:Restriction>
         <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="hasAge"/>
         <owl:someValuesFrom>
           <rdfs:Datatype>
             <owl:onDataType rdf:resource="&xsd;integer"/>
                  **********

It should be "owl:onDatatype", I think.

I am beginning to wonder if any reasoner has ever sucessfully processed
these documents... is this stuff hand crafted, or is there a bug
in your OWL converter / renderer tools? Should OWL2 parsers be prepared
to deal with that kind of syntax variations (also see me previous mails)?
We are currently trying to support some of these new syntaxes; thus,
some clarification would be extremely helpful.

Best regards in advance

Michael

--
Racer Systems GmbH & Co. KG