our intended use of OWL 2

From: Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas <carlos.gonzalez@experienceon.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:37:53 +0100
To: public-owl-comments@w3.org
Dear all:

Just a brief statement about our intended usage of OWL 2. We've chosen to
use OWL 2 RL as the basis for our products. We're targeting the creation of
massively scalable SPARQL-based query-answering systems, and we consider
that the vast majority of RL can be used to implement such a system on top
of existing technology, like RDBMSs or rule engines. We're in the process of
experimenting right now and we may not use some axiom types that will cause
performance problems when implemented over RDBMSs or rule engines, but
overall, RL seems to be a good starting point.

Best regards,

Carlos

Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas
CEO, ExperienceOn - New generation search
http://www.experienceon.com

Mobile: +34 652 911 201
Skype: carlosgonzalezcadenas
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/carlosgonzalezcadenas