Comment on RDF Mapping: variables in sequence pattern

From: Mike Smith <msmith@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 09:53:10 -0500
To: public-owl-comments@w3.org

While verifying some WebOnt test cases against the RDF to structural
mapping defined at [1], I noticed that there is no constraint
preventing variables within the sequence pattern from matching the
same node (see the second row of Table 3 at [1]).  I found this
problematic, particularly when trying to avoid things like cyclic
lists (as in the nonconclusion ontology of [I5.5-006]).

I believe that adding the constraint to the mapping document will
clarify the expected behavior.

--
Mike Smith

Clark & Parsia