minor error in conformance doc

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 21:55:23 -0800
To: <public-owl-comments@w3.org>

Sorry this is a late comment.
Well two comments really, one a minor error, the other a worry.

Both concern:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-owl2-test-20081202/#Syntactic_Conformance

section 2.1.1.

- iff

The iff in the penultimate sentence (in the example box) contradicts the first two sentences of the section.

[[
An XML document is an OWL 2 DL ontology document *iff* it validates ...
]]

--

- is

In the first few sentences the use of the word "is" is a little confusing.
It seems that the defined terms are intended to have partial definitions, not complete definitions.

While I have some anxiety about this opening the door to private convention and interoperability failure, I think I will not press that point.

It may be worth having an introductory sentence

[[
In light of this, the terms "OWL 2 * ontology document" are only defined partially.
]]

A sentence or two of caution about too many other formats would perhaps be in order.

Jeremy