Re: <head><link rel="webfinger" href="acct:me@lol.it" /></head>?

From: Pelle Wessman <voxpelli@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 04:49:32 -0800 (PST)
To: webfinger@googlegroups.com
Cc: public-ostatus@w3.org
If it would just be a link to a generic webfinger identifier then using
rel="me" for profile pages and rel="author" for articles would be enough  I
think - no need for a new relation type. You will know that it's a
webfinger identifier by the style of the href, won't you?

And regarding the use of OExchange - have you looked at Web Intents? If eg.
OStatus was to define a Web Intents intent of it's own then that could
easily be used to add follow-buttons on any OStatus profile that any
OStatus subscriber could subscribe to. Google Chrome already has initial
support for Web Intents in their latest dev builds.

/ Pelle Wessman