Re: OStatus and webfinger vs swd

From: Evan Prodromou <evan@status.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:41:28 -0400
CC: public-ostatus <public-ostatus@w3.org>
So, I'd like to propose the following from the POV of the OStatus
community group:

  * We decide if it's going to matter for us what the IETF says. My
    feeling is yes; if one or the other gets deprecated, it will make it
    harder to depend on that deprecated one in the future.
  * We ask someone to take the job of "representing" OStatus in this
    discussion at the IETF. They'd need to work with the IETF liaison at
    W3C: http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison
  * We come up with a simple proposal based on strengths and weaknesses
    of the two approaches, and ask the representative to present that.

Does that make sense? Gimme some +/-1s on it.

-Evan

--
Evan Prodromou, CEO and Founder, StatusNet Inc.
1124 rue Marie-Anne Est #32, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2J 2B7