RE: Proposal for IceGatherer.getOrCreateTransport

During the last ORTC CG meeting, the slides proposed iceTransport.getOrCreateTransport, but your proposal for iceGatherer.getOrCreateTransport makes more sense to me.

From previous discussion, I believe we need to add a remoteUsernameFragment attribute to the RTCIceTransport (both remote ufrag and role would be auto-latched):

Partial interface RTCIceTransport : RTCStatsProvider {
    readonly    attribute DOMString      remoteUsernameFragment<http://internaut.com:8080/~baboba/ortc/ortc-7-04-2015.html#widl-RTCIceTransport-iceGatherer>;
    readonly    attribute RTCIceRole           role<http://internaut.com:8080/~baboba/ortc/ortc-7-04-2015.html#widl-RTCIceTransport-role>;
};

BTW, in a forking scenario the proposal simplifies determining which IceTransport corresponds to an incoming IceCandidate.

Revised Example 5 from Section 3.11:

// Example to demonstrate forking when RTP and RTCP are not multiplexed,
// so that both RTP and RTCP IceGatherer and IceTransport objects are needed.
// Include some helper functions
import "helper.js";
// Create ICE gather options
var gatherOptions = new RTCIceGatherOptions();
gatherOptions.gatherPolicy = RTCIceGatherPolicy.relay;
gatherOptions.iceservers = [ { urls: "stun:stun1.example.net" } , { urls:"turn:turn.example.org", username: "user", credential:"myPassword"} ];
// Create ICE gatherer objects
var iceRtpGatherer = new RTCIceGatherer(gatherOptions);
var iceRtcpGatherer = iceRtpGatherer.createAssociatedGatherer();
// Prepare to signal local candidates
iceRtpGatherer.onlocalcandidate = function (event) {
  mySendLocalCandidate(event.candidate, RTCIceComponent.RTP);
};
iceRtcpGatherer.onlocalcandidate = function (event) {
  mySendLocalCandidate(event.candidate, RTCIceComponent.RTCP);
};
// Create the ICE transport arrays
var iceRtpTransports = [];
var iceRtcpTransports = [];
for (var i = 0 ; i < 10; i++){
  iceRtpTransports.push(new RTCIceTransport(iceRtpGatherer));
  iceRtcpTransports.push(iceRtpTransport.createAssociatedTransport());
}
// Set up response function
mySignaller.onResponse = function(responseSignaller,response) {
  // We may get N responses
  // Start the RTP and RTCP ICE transports so that outgoing ICE connectivity checks can begin
  var rtpTransport =  iceRtpGatherer.getOrCreateTransport(response.icertp.usernameFragment);
  var rtcpTransport = iceRtcpGatherer.getOrCreateTransport(response.icertcp.usernameFragment);
  rtpTransport.start(iceRtpGatherer, response.icertp);
  rtcpTransport.start(iceRtcpGatherer, response.icertcp);
  // Prepare to add ICE candidates signalled by the remote peer
  responseSignaller.onRemoteCandidate = function(remote) {
    // Locate the ICE transport that the signaled candidate relates to by matching the usernameFragment.
    if (remote.component === RTCIceComponent.RTP){
       rtpTransport = iceRtpGatherer.getOrCreateTransport(remote.parameters.usernameFragment);
       rtpTransport.addRemoteCandidate(remote.candidate);
    } else {
       rtcpTransport = iceRtcpGatherer.getOrCreateTransport(remote.parameters.usernameFragment);
       rtcpTransport.addRemoteCandidate(remote.candidate);
    }
  };
};
mySignaller.send({
   "icertp": iceRtpGatherer.getLocalParameters(),
   "icertcp": iceRtcpGatherer.getLocalParameters()
});