Re: I think we need a way to configure the RTCP SSRC.

On 30.04.14, 17:57, Robin Raymond wrote:

> [RR] See inline
>
>> Emil Ivov <mailto:emcho@jitsi.org>
>> April 30, 2014 at 11:46 AM
>>

>> On 30.04.14, 17:22, Peter Thatcher wrote:
>>>

>>> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:42 PM, Emil Ivov <emcho@jitsi.org
>>> <mailto:emcho@jitsi.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure we need it at least for the 1.0 shim.
>>
>> Could you please explain why?
> [RR] Hmmm... if it's part of the SDP somewhere

I don't believe there's any part in SDP that would require you to be
able to *set* an SSRC on an RTP stack. Just signal it.

>>> And I'm sure
>>> there are legacy interop scenarios the JS will need to specify the RTCP
>>> SSRC, and letting the browser choose won't be enough.  In particular,
>>> I'm thinking of how it will want to correlate the RTCP SSRC of an
>>> RtpReceiver with the RTP SSRC of an RtpSender.  I think letting the JS
>>> specify the RTCP SSRC in the RtpReceiver is the easiest way.
>>
>> Easiest for who? From a web dev's perspective it would probably be
>> much more intuitive to say "this sender and receiver belong to the
>> same context" than "you need to extract the value of the 'four funky
>> letters' in the receiver and set it on the 'four funky letter' in the
>> sender".
>
> [RR] Presumably it would be defaulted by the engine so easiest would
> refer to a quick knob someone who needs that detail can tweak the value
> (I presume)?

As expressed in another thread I don't really mind the knob (even if I
don't think we absolutely need one). Just don't make me use it ;)

Emil

--
https://jitsi.org