Re: active speaker information in mixed streams

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Gustavo Garcia <ggb@tokbox.com> wrote:
> 1) The audio level is sent by Chrome in the corresponding RTP
> extension header, but AFAIK that information is not used by the
> browser receiving it.

Yes. Those come from RFC6464 and they are primarily meant for audio
mixers ... mostly to spare them the need to decode silence.

> 2) You have access to the audio level of the tracks received with the
> getStats API (in Chrome)

Just to make it clear: my original question was about mixed streams.
That is, streams where all contributors would be rendered within the
same track.

Emil

--
https://jitsi.org