Re: Proposal for SctpTransport (and big picture diagram)

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Bernard Aboba
<Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Peter --
>
> The Big Picture diagram is great.
>
> A question about RTCDataChannelParameters.
>
> Now that we have allowed a Data Channel to be connected to
> a transport, I am wondering whether some parameters in
> RTCDataChannelParameters shouldn't be parameters of the transport
> instead.
>
> For example, in WebRTC 1.0 DataChannelInit, protocol refers to the
> sub-protocol, but that might or might not make sense depending on
> the transport.
>
> Does it make sense to have RTCSctpParameters?

Is it possible to have different data channels with different
protocols/sub-protocols in the same SctpTransport?  If so, then it
needs to be a per-data-channel setting, not a per-transport setting.
And my understanding is that you can have different
protocols/sub-protocols in the same transport.