Re: Web standards, Openness and Transparency

Hey gang.  I'm Chris Wilson.  Advisory Board member, Web Audio spec editor,
troublemaker. Not necessarily in that order.

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On August 8, 2014 at 11:05:57 AM, Arthur Barstow (art.barstow@gmail.com)
> wrote:
> > On 8/5/14 6:21 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> > > I'd like to change the way things work to allow me to:
> > >
> > > 1. put living documents on TR
> > > 2. have a CC0 license (or cc-by)
> >
> > Re #1 - this issue is included in the list of AB priorities wiki
> > [AB-prios] (I believe it was Chris Wilson that proposed it). I created
> > W3Process [Issue-106] to make sure it doesn't get "lost" . Other than
> > that, I'm not sure what this group should do about it and I trust you
> > will keep the W3Process group "honest" ;-).

Note that I'm not EXACTLY advocating for this; I actually think directly
using living documents in /TR is not a good idea.  It *IS* a good idea to
make sure /TR documents always POINT to the current spec or effort (yes,
including pointing to editor's drafts).

I think redefining history of specs is bad.  I think making it clear - MOST
clear - what current status is, is critical.

-C